Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pancakes.

Options
  • 17-02-2023 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭

Forget your flour and buttermilk malarky. The ready made mix makes a much nicer pancake. Won't be swayed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Never heard of using buttermilk in a pancake mix. Think that's where you were going wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You can do for a bit of a lift. Always had better success with the ready mixed though. Cooks and tastes better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

If you think the ready mix are better you're obviously making them wrong,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,743 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

These are the ingredients listed for one on sale in Tesco. There must be quite a bit of sugar to have it listed second. I would go for a plainer set of ingredients.

Ingredients

Wheat Flour, Sugar, Fat Powder (contains: Palm Oil, Glucose Syrup, Milk Derivatives, Stabiliser: Pentasodium Triphosphate, Anti Caking Agent: Silicon Dioxide), Baking Powder (contains: Sodium Bicarbonate, Disodium Diphosphate), Whole Egg Powder, Egg White Powder (contains: Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid, Foaming Agent: Triethyl Citrate), Salt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭phormium

I never liked buttermilk in pancakes, can taste that tang and I don't like it! Have never bought a mix though, flour/milk/egg, no sugar needed in my opinion. If you want the fat ones use baking powder with the flour and make the mix thicker.

Mix is handy for people who don't have a bag of flour at home or need for the remainder of one if only buying for pancakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Flour eggs and milk. Mix, rest it for a while, overnight if you’re organised. Would not like the long list of ingredients in Tesco mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

1 cup of flour, 1 egg*, milk, baking powder, butter, vi

Place half the milk with some butter in a microwave and heat until butter starts to melt, add the remaining milk. It should be warmish, add a small bit of vinegar. Let it rest a while

Separate the egg white, whisk the white until it's very bubbly

Mix the flour, egg yolk and milk and when well mixed "fold" in the egg whites

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭raclle

Some of you have strange ways of making pancakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭phormium

I sometimes do the whisked egg white thing but more for waffles but sometimes for thick pancakes too but it's more of a faff obviously but you get a lovely light pancake or more what I would call a drop scone.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭raclle

Advertisement