Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Members wanted for post-rock originals band - Dublin

Options
  • 17-02-2023 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Ok let's try this again! Members wanted for new post-rock originals band based in Dublin, mixing elements of shoegaze, ambient, electronic, black metal, prog, doom, indie rock and whatever else we can think of. I'm a vocalist / guitarist, wrote a few demos, PM for links. Interested in playing live, recording, the whole shebang so not just a side project or collab.

- I am looking for a guitarist (or maybe two?), bassist, drummer and synth player. All ages and genders welcome

- Personally I have a good deal of experience being in bands, performing live and writing songs, so ideally you would have some experience too. I was the vocalist for Sectile, a Dublin prog metal band, we released an album in 2020

- I can do clean and harsh vocals (more clean than harsh). Those songs were written on a baritone guitar tuned down to Drop G so if you have access to a baritone, a 7-string or a guitar that holds up well with lower tunings, that would be helpful

- My idea is to explore a wide range from light to dark, going from soft, melancholic clean melodies all the way to heavy riffs with blast beats, with a lot of ambience throughout. 

- Influences are many and varied: Cult of Luna, Converge, Chelsea Wolfe, Deafheaven, Devin Townsend, Holy Fawn, Alcest, Loathe, Caspian, Mogwai, RY X, Novo Amor, City & Color, Sleep Token, Conjurer, The Ocean, Deftones, Opeth, Katatonia, Phoebe Bridgers, local boys Overhead The Albatross, Talos

Get in touch for a chat if this sounds interesting! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dirkdiggler200

Up!

UPDATE: bass player and drummer wanted, we got another guitarist on board already.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bsod39501

Guitarist in D7 here, interested in jamming of you would like to send me some demos I'd love to hear them

Bass player and drummer still wanted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tomileee

Hi are u set for bass player yet .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 seanjbass

PM sent!

Hi Tomilee, Sean, thanks for reaching out but we are already sorted with a bass player! Only missing the drummer now.

Advertisement