Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crèches opening delays

Options
  • 16-02-2023 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

We are waiting for the new Links crèche in Foxrocks Dub 18 to open but they seem to have major delays in obtaining the sign-off from the Building Control unit of Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council.

They announced that it would be open by 23rd of January 2023 but postponed until the 07th of February and since then they keep sending generic "unable to open as did not receive the building certification" to the impacted parents. We are struggling with my partner do juggle full-time work and full-time at home daycare with our toddler.

I recently heard that other crèches in Dublin are also delayed in opening, some by up to 2 months!!! It is a nightmare scenario for us to imagine having to juggle this situation for so long... our work would be severely negatively effected.

Are you a parent and currently in this situation? What have you learned so far? I am sending emails but we are not getting anymore information or update on the opening date...

Advertisement