Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INDEPENDENT ADVICE ON LIFE INSURANCE

Options
  • 15-02-2023 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I have a parent who has a life insurance policy who has a lot of medical issues at the moment , there is a critical illness benefit in the policy I think.

Is there any where you can get independent advice on a policy? I would just like to be up to speed on it before talking to the company that provides the policy.

Or can life insurance policys be terminated cashed in? as it is quite expensive

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Yes of course there is.

Pick a QFA (an "Authorized Advisor" is best) and away you go.

You'll find a register of them on the Central Bank website.

If you contact the company that provides the policy they will be able to tell you who the agent/intermediary/advisor is that is attached to the policy.

Ask that person, if there is specified illness on the policy and then ask them to give you all the options on what you can change etc. They won't talk to you unless you have some form of letter of authority from the policyholder or it should be okay if the policyholder is with you when you make the call.

GSheehy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭micar

And ask them to send out a letter with the policy details and a copy of the policy conditions

Advertisement