Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30th wedding anniversary celebration

Options
  • 15-02-2023 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I'm planning a surprise 30th anniversary celebration for October 2023. It's going to be totally unexpected because I'm usually the type to has to be 'reminded' of our anniversary date by my wife.

With close friends and family, I anticipate a crowd of about 50 people. I'm thinking sit-down meal or maybe a buffet and then music, either a band or a disco. It will be mostly teenage to older people, but a range of ages except small kids.

I'm looking at getting a venue, either a hotel or similar venue that can provide food and a private function room.

Any comments or useful suggestions? I'm interested in hearing other peoples opinions because to keep it a secret, I can't trust someone close to my wife not to inadvertently let the cat out of the bag!

What should I absolutely consider? What should I try to avoid? etc, etc, etc...

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I suppose the first thing to consider is how she might feel about a surprise party. But I'm guessing you know whether or not it's something she would be happy with.

As a family we organised one for a significant birthday for my mother but told her about it very shortly beforehand when everything was organised, (invitations gone out, rsvps received and so on) so it wasn't a complete surprise but nonetheless a surprise of sorts. When the invitations were sent out, everyone was told that it was a surprise and nobody let it slip.

You would need to tell her that you are both going out that night, say for a meal or something, so that she has a chance to be prepared - dressed up, hair, make up or whatever she would normally do for a night out.

I'm not sure if this is the type of comment / suggestions you were looking for, but just a couple of things that might help.

Hope it all goes great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Gorteen

She would like the surprise, but might like it even better if the hair and make-up were perfect! Thanks :)

Advertisement