Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pvc windows

• 13-02-2023 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Hi looking for recommendations on pvc company s that cover Limerick so I won't get burnt with the wrong company so if anyone on here can send me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭phog

My Sister and brother have both used TS Windows and Doors and were happy enough with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I used Senator Windows a few years ago to have all my house windows replaced. Not the cheapest but I'm very happy with the results. The crew who did the fitting were excellent, fast neat and cleaned up well afterwards. A few subsequent minor issues were dealt with quickly and effectively. I'd recommend them highly even though they were a bit pricey compared to others.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I've used Hickey Aluminium. Way cheaper than the big companies and good quality. Delighted with their work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Used Anthony Cosgrave a couple of years ago. Was happy with the pricing and service for replacing doors and windows.

We had higher and lower quotes, but based on seeing some work he'd done we went with him for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Myself and my family have been using Walsh Windows for years. Had all my windows and doors upgraded back in 2019 and haven't had any issues. They make them onsite too rather than order in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭homingbird

Thanks for all the replies Walsh window s is one company I won't be using I called into them & they told me to send in pictures of the house there able to guess the size from the picture s dodgy company.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Another happy customer of Walsh windows.

You won't get a final estimate from the pictures, but a ballpark given they've seen a lot of similar windows. They'll send someone out to do the actual measurements if you do go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I do not know why people cannot measure the openings themselves and give it to the companies. A couple of inches in a window is not going to change a quote.

Actually you have a fair idea of the size of windows from photographs. After that it's only what design of windows you want.

Got quoted for windows before. Have the size to the companies then when I had chosen from the quotes they came out to measure.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 41 keane10

Just had a door fitted with Walsh Windows. Brilliant from start to finish. Will be ordering from them again when we get the windows done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,462 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I used Gary O'Malley based in Kilmallock a few years ago to change over to triple glazing.

Windows and Frames are manufactured by WeatherGlaze.

I was very happy with the price, the service and the fitters work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

We dealt with Walsh Windows in the past - overall I did like dealing with them but they did make a complete balls of 1 window and tried to put the blame on me for giving them the wrong measurement (even though they had measured it themselves) - we did manage to work out an agreement.

More recently we used Youghal Glass - based in Nenagh - also found them very good and were prompt and tidy

As mentioned above, Walsh Windows have the benefit of producing their windows in house rather than ordering them in which may result in a quicker lead time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭homingbird

SO to add someone mentioned to me Munster joinery to me i checked them out on trustpilot here is what i found shows you always want to do your homework : https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.munsterjoinery.co.uk

Advertisement