Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I got banned from After Hours

• 12-02-2023 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

For asking first who is the poster in CT forum that another poster mentioned.

And given a suggestion for a poster to be a mod in the COVID-19 for. A current poster on boards.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Just noticed, no response.

Got banned again for another question. Not going to say the new kid in the block or jump up. Incase I get longer ban.

Surely a thread that is is open one can reply to it. Not having restrictions.

Read the charter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

@YFlyer I can take a look at this. Have you discussed this with the mod by PM?

I did. Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Can you post all correspondence between you and the mod that relates to your dispute here on the thread?

• Advertisement

• You are being warned for the following post:

We have new moderators

• Nudain post is gone. I like to ask the person a question.
    • View Post

• 3 month ban right after your 1 week expired because you STILL can’t follow basic instructions. Namely, stop posting in this thread. If you return after this holiday and post in any thread where you’re not supposed to it will be permanent.
    • YFlyer 3:26PM
    • So other posters can comment and I can't?

It is a thread that is open. Surely I can ask a question?

Posts are been edited, not just mine. In the Dispute Resolution subsection. How can you argue when that happens?

Dispute Resolution posts should not be edited.

Let me talk to the mod and I will get back to you shortly.

Thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,193 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to be clear, no posts have been edited. Two threads were closed and that shows up as an edit of the OP, but there was no editing of the posts. In addition two threads you started in defiance of my instructions were deleted. If you have further queries take it to PM. This thread is for discussing your AH ban and nothing else

This 3 month ban has come about due to an escalation of sanctions

In the last couple of weeks you have repeatedly stated a poster should be a mod of the Covid forum. This has happened in multiple threads in more than one forum.

You have been told to stop posting this. 

Firstly, you are spamming threads which included both threads welcoming the new moderators in After Hours and Current Affairs/Covid with these posts and secondly, mods aren't appointed based on user nominations (and never have been) but if you have a genuine suggestion you feel should be taken seriously you discuss it by PM the forum mods, there is no need to spam threads with this.

You were threadbanned from the AH welcome thread, that didn't stop you posting so you received a week long ban. You continue to post these messages in several other threads despite multiple instructions to stop and warnings that bans will follow if you continue. This has become a timesink for the AH mods.

In addition, the PMs from today that you posted above did not include the additional message where you abused the moderator

Do you want to give me your side of it?

Yes I do.

I suggested a mod in the CT forum that is active in the Covid thread to be a Mod in the main Covid form.

After my week ban I asked a question why a post is down.

The post is active. How can others interact with it but I can't?

All I want is consistency (yee may laugh)

BTW the After Hours Mod decided to infract me on the Current Affairs forum. Outside his remit.

What abuse?

And what is this spam block feature?

Can I see the charter for 3 months ban?

I

Yes, and the admin overturned both the threadban and the points you picked up in CA and explained that this happened because of the similar nature of the threads (you had previously posted your message in the AH mod welcome thread and this time you posted the same message in the CA mod welcome thread and the mod acted in error due to the similarities)

Re your explanation - you make no mention of why you ignored messages from multiple moderators to stop spamming threads with these posts (where it was clearly spelled out to you that bans would result if it continued) and you are trying to gloss over the PMs you sent the mod after the ones you posted above - if you're sure they're OK then feel free to post them.

In my view the sanctions have been applied and escalated correctly, your posts are deliberately spamming the forum and wasting the moderators time as they have repeatedly told you to stop.

I am not overturning your AH ban.

So a three month ban for asking why a post is down?

Extreme.

Is this what boards is coming like now?

Would you like an admin to review this?

Sure why not for the fun of it at least. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Spamming threads, asked to stop, threadbanned, posting in said thread after a threadban. Abuse of the moderator in PM.

This was not a 3 month ban for a simple mistake, nor a 3 month ban just for suggesting a mod. This is a 3 month ban due to an accumulation of sanctions and a huge waste of mod time.

Ban upheld.

I would also point out to you that you are remarkably close to picking up a site-ban, another mod action against you and you'll be taking a 5 week break. You have now received bans in 2 forums. I would suggest that you improve your posting style urgently, and take more notice of mod instructions.

I'm sorry.

Advertisement