Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cualanor Estate opinions (anyone living there?)

Options
  • 12-02-2023 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking to move to Cualanor Estate (in Dun Laoghaire) and I am wondering if anyone living there can give me opinions, especially about its safety.

The area looks nice and quiet but I have recently found out that there are more than 100 social apartments. I don't have any issue with that but since I have a small kid I am wondering if it's safe.

Thank you. 🙂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭markpb

A friend of mine lives there with his daughter and seems to like it. The apartments are decent and the area is great. The playground there and in Honeypark are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Emanu86

Thank you @markpb

• Registered Users Posts: 23,824 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yeah the Gardaí had to put a special operation in place to target drug dealers and sellers living in the social housing apartments at the front of Cualanor.

Parents in both Cualanor and Honeypark had to keep their older kids (9-15) for quite a while, as they were being asked to buy drugs and then being assaulted and intimidated when they would not.

The same element went up and down nearby main roads damaging cars and breaking windows there for a while, but to be fair it has got quieter now, since the Garda activity last Autumn.

Handily, a couple of well connected Fine Gaelers do live in the private section of Cualanor and they managed to get the Guards to step in, which was a good thing too, because some local homeowners were threatening vigilante action to protect their house prices.

Anyway, I know what I've said sounds pretty bad and probably a bit far-fetched, bit actually every word is true and I can only say that your instincts about the social housing element are absolutely correct.

So now you're informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭smackyB

I know a few people who live there and they really like it. The playgrounds there are great and the estates are well maintained. Never heard about any drug issues there nor ever seen anything dodgy going on when i've walked through there so no idea what the poster above is going on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Community heating scheme in the apartment blocks, non-negotiable price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There is a photo of a car on fire in that estate. It happened near the kids playground a few hours ago. It's up on a r/Ireland thread on Reddit.

What happened there?

Advertisement