Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a tax on getting a foreign lump sum pension into Ireland?

Options
  • 11-02-2023 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭

Hi guys this is a fair bit away but basically I have an Australian pension which I'll be accessing in about 20 years as a lump some into Ireland (probably about 300k) My question is would that be taxable from revenue and if so how much?

Post edited by Pauliedragon on

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

There is twenty years of tax legislation to come. plus pension reform, EU tax harmonisation and possible revisions to double taxation treaties.... Nobody can answer that question with any certainty, but there is a fair chance it will be taxed.

And in any case since you have no more accurate knowledge of any of the other parameters involved when the time comes, it really won't make much difference what rate you pick. Run a couple of different scenarios to give you a feel for it and leave it at that.

Advertisement