Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile signal repeater

Options
  • 11-02-2023 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, looking at mobile phone signal boosters, I’m not up to speed on the bands for the specific providers.

Do all carriers use 2100mhz, I think I remember at some stage reading that some use different frequencies in rural locations which is what I need living out in the boonies.

we use three & vodaphone amd both are terrible in the house

I’m fed up hanging out the bedroom window to make calls 🤣

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

The three MNOs use all bands - 700, 800, 900, 1800 and 2100 MHz bands.

Further, eir were awarded 2300 MHz spectrum recently and Three Ireland & Vodafone were awarded 2600 MHz spectrum.

I use a 5 band repeater with mast about 9km distant, well worth it for indoor reception.

Check the ComReg SiteViewer website for mast locations and what operators are available.

Post edited by The Cush on

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭userfriendly

Have you good internet / wifi?

Another option to look at it Wi-Fi calling, it works seamlessly with certain phones on Vodafone, Eir and Gomo.

I bought a signal repeater but never set it up as WiFi calling works perfectly.

Advertisement