Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuse for a device "Current Rated 0.2A"

Options
  • 11-02-2023 7:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

A device (printer) says it is "Current Rated 0.2A". It has a 2 pin euro-style plug, i.e. its plug is not fused.

I use a 2-pin to 3-pin adapter. What fuse can I use in that adapter?

Is it safe to use a 3A, or should it be 1A, or should I go looking for something lower?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

Yes 3A will be fine. I would cut off the two pin and fit a standard 3 pin plug with a 3A fuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The fuse in a plug is to protect the cable not the device plugged into it, the device should have its own protection. Use whatever fuse the adapter came with. It should be printed on it.

Smaller will work until someone borrows the adapter for something more power hungry and it goes bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

The 3amp fuses tend to blow randomly

I'd be wary of putting them in anything critical like a gas boiler if I was away in winter

Maybe they don't give that much trouble I could be wrong

Advertisement