Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Former Radio Dublin Presenters that Turned up on Licensed Irish Radio

Options
  • 10-02-2023 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭

Over the years, Radio Dublin has got plenty of mention on Boards. Sometimes it is for negative stuff, but let us concentrate on the positives - all the talent that went through the station in its very long history. Some people pre-date the infamous Eamon Cooke's time with the station, but obviously not as many. I am attempting to come up with as many names as I can find. Needless to say, it is by no means definitive, but I certainly managed to get a reasonably long list! To include as many as possible, I have included community stations and Irish-based online stations, where there are presenters. Originally, I was going to concentrate on those still on Irish radio, but I kept coming across names that are no longer on Irish radio and I decided it would be a shame not to mention them too.

Even as I was putting my list up here, a few more names came to mind so I had to add them on!

Here goes.

1. Currently engaged in Irish radio - just their current stations:

Radio Nova – Kevin Brannigan (CEO) and Pat James

Q102 – Aidan Cooney (aka Aidan Jay), Andy Preston and Johnny Bowe

98FM - Barry Dunne

Spin 1038 – Steve K (also with Today FM on weekends

2FM – Dave Fanning

Lyric FM- Marty Whelan

Classic Hits Ireland – Gareth O’Callaghan (aka Tony Garret) and Phil Cawley (also with South East Radio)

East Coast FM – Tommy Greene

LMFM - Chris Murray

KFM – Liam Kett

Midlands 103 – Keith Shanley and Tony Christie (aka Chris T)

Cork’s C103 – Eric Griffin (aka Eric Vaughan)

Spirit Radio – Adrian Nolan (aka Adrian St. James) and Shay Harford

Dublin City FM - Karl Tsigdinos (also with RTE Gold)

8Radio.com – Simon Maher (aka Pete Reed) and Steve Conway

CharityRadio.ie – John Clarke

UCB Ireland – Vincent Hughes

Eden FM, Edenderry – Joe Rossa (aka Joe Doyle), Damien Farrell (aka Chris Adams) and Paul Wilson.  AFAIK – I stand corrected on these

Also, Bernie/Bernadette Jameson (aka Bernie Carroll) - Bauer Media stations as a journalist/newsreader

2.. Previously on licensed Irish radio - this will include temporary licensed radio stations in some examples such as Christmas FM (where some will probably return again).

Tracy Evans – Liffey Sound

Ger Rowe – Phantom FM (both temporary and permanent licenses)

Bob Conway – 2FM, Lite FM, Dublin’s Country 106.8, Today FM, East Coast FM and More Music Ireland

Ray Broderick – West Dublin Community Radio

Mark Storey (aka Mark T Storey) – RTE Radio 2/2FM (producer)

Barry Lang (aka Barry Dean) – 2FM and Classic Hits

Chris Thompson – St. James Hospital Radio

Bernard Evans – RTE Radio 1 and Easy Radio (temporary licensed)

Mike Doyle – Premier FM, Choice FM, Heartbeat FM and Easy Radio – all temporary licensed

*Derek Jones – Premier FM and Christmas FM. * He facilitated Radio Dublin’s operations from his house for a while in the mid 1970s – not sure if he presented on it but probably did.

Tracey Lee – CKR, South East Radio and Today FM

Roger Lane – East Coast Radio and Christmas FM

Paul Shepard (aka Ray Jackson) – Premier FM and Christmas FM

Mark Manning – Premier FM, Choice FM, 949 The Rock, Hot Country, Heartbeat FM, Christmas FM, Q102 (AFAIK) and Spirit Radio – all temporary licensed except the last two

Kieran Murray – Capital Radio and later FM104 (as Stereo Steve), Premier FM and LMFM.

Declan Traynor (aka Mike Williams) – Premier FM, Christmas FM, Heartbeat FM, The 90s Network (another temporary license), Radio Snowflake (online station) and Shannonside Northern Sound

Ian Walker - Ballyfermot Senior College Radio (temporary license)

Any more to add, past or present? I would be particularly interested in some more current examples.

Comments

Advertisement