Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

type of CMOS battery Toshiba Satellite Pro A300-22E

Options
  • 10-02-2023 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi all,

my Toshiba A300 i think needs a new CMOS battery as I am unable to boot Windows / quite often cannot access BIOS Screen and am getting a PXE-E61 no Boot error.

Apparantly its soldered to the MB but I dont know which type it is - both pins on 1 side or 1 on both sides. I think its a ML1220 but not sure, i think from what I seen on the Web its same as the A200. Am I right in saying ML means its rechargable? RS Components have CMOS battery marked up with VL....they are about 5 euro plus P&P - can I use the VL version? The existing CMOS is about 15 years, rarely used for about 50% of its age.

Is it worth a punt for less than a tenner plus installation cost (how much would that be?). It has a new battery and a cheap SSD for a possible Windows 11 via Unsupported method install.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

I think both are rechargeable and same voltage - but Id stick to the same one as you have. Watch out for the soldertag legs - there are lots of variations.

Do not use the non rechargeable type - it likely will cause the battery to leak.

If you are not in a rush - they have them on Aliexpress for two euros.

eg.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003832238323.html

You ask for installation - if you want do it yourself - It might be easier though for you to go with this style though -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004402230512.html

You could just bend off the existing one - leaving some wires poking up - and either clip or solder on the battery with the wires above - red wire to positive.

It might even be enough to just remove the dead battery - and the laptop might be usable.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement