Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyson Cooler

Options
  • 09-02-2023 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Looking for opinions on the Dyson cooling fan or portable air cons in general. Want one that actually cools a room in summer. Have 500 to spend.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Kurooi

None of those coolers actually cool the room. For that you'd need a tube and a heat sink grill and fan outside. It will cost you a lot more than 500 that.

I have one of those Dyson "coolers" and can confirm though that in summer it makes 30 degrees feel like 22 to the skin. The mercury still shows 30, I can run this thing on full power and put the thermometer on it and it will still be 30. It just feels like less to the skin because there is a constant air flow hitting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ms218

You have to have it directed at you then at all times. What one have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Kurooi

I have a Dyson Purifier Cool Auto React Smart Air Purifier and Cooling Fan. it's the tall one, cools a 3x7 room just fine but you might do with a smaller one if you've got a smaller space.

On direction - Not really my experience, it slowly rotates around, you feel it extra when it's pointed at you but you still feel the cool when it isn't. You can if you want to stop it from rotating but generally it works better if you let it do it's thing.

Advertisement