Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems accessing own domain

Options
  • 09-02-2023 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

Hey all, please feel free to move if this is in the wrong place.

Ok so friend of mine has a local business and had a .ie website designed for himself, he was under the impression that it was registered and hosted by Blacknight, turns out that the guy who built it registered through Blacknight but hosted it through 20I in the UK (not sure if that's relevant).

The guy who built it has gone bust and my mate never had the admin logins (total non tech). He now needs to update the website, so needs to get access and hasn't a clue how to go about it. I contacted 20I on his behalf but they are worse than useless. Blacknight yet to reply.

Anyone had experience of this or any ideas where to start - obviously he has his CRO stuff which will prove he is the owner

Sorry its vague, just trying to help him out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Our customer service team might be able to assist you, but a lot will depend on the actual details ie. if the domain name was registered to your friend or to the designer. (Though your post is a week old, so I'd assume our team have replied by now?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Hi Michele

thanks, domain is registered to the friends business and as its an ie he has all of the CRO docs needed to prove it. Your team were brilliant in putting through a contact request to the designer, albeit he seems to have ignored it so still no way of making changes. I'll contact your lads again as

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Ok - well if you need assistance in terms of escalation please email me directly

Advertisement