Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Fibre service

Options
  • 09-02-2023 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi There

Was looking some help, and my terminology may be a bit lacking, so bear with me.

I have fibre broadband from Vodafone in my home, no issues works great, great speeds.

However I think I made one mistake when getting it installed, I got it brought in the living room corner at TV, and it terminates at the wall and a network cable runs from it to the Vodafone router beside the TV. My issue is that as you go further away, obviously, it weakens and the connection is poor in the bedrooms ( bungalow ). Kids are getting older and spend more times in their rooms now.

So my query is, if I purchased a long network cable and ran it from the point in the corner where fibre comes in, up into attic and back down in a more central location and then moved the router to there would the signal still be weaker as it comes through maybe a 10m network cable to get to the new position of the router?

I also recently got a Vodafone SuperWifi booster, it seems to work at times but is very hit and miss, does anyone know much about them?

Again sorry but my knowledge is limited, and any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

JB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Regarding the length of the network cable, it shouldn’t matter. Probably a good call moving it to a central location although their tv box is iptv so need to be plugged into it so you’ll likely have to run 2 cables.

I’ve never used their superwifi booster, but a quick look on YouTube suggests that it’s a deco mesh system, you might just need to add a few more decos

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Thanks for that. Gonna run some cables and see how I fair out.

Advertisement