Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unexpected 'Secure Connection Failed Message' for Popular Job Website. Anyway to resolve this?

Options
  • 08-02-2023 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I've a problem that has me really perplexed.

I'm trying to log into a popular TEFL site called tefl.com but I keep getting a 'Secure Connection Failed Message' on my main computer (Imac); I'm not having the problem on any other device and neither is anyone else in my household [and I'm not having it with other regular websites on this device] but on this one device, this one site keeps returning the above message no matter what browser I use (I've tried Mozilla, Chrome and Safari and even DuckDuckGo and it hasn't worked on any of them - except initially twice on DuckDuckGo - but now not that either!!) and I can't figure out why.

I've cleared all the browser history incidents (incl cookies etc) of TEFL.com

I've contacted the company about the issue and they got back to me to say they've checked and they can see no reason for it and have not other reports of the issue.

I've looked around the individual browser forums but most suggest to do what I've already done.

Does anyone know what could be the issue here?

I'd really appreciate any suggestions you might have on how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance!

I've attached a screenshot below of the message I keep getting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

"The PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR error message appears when the Mozilla Firefox browser can't establish a secure connection. It is a Firefox-specific error and won't appear in any other browser. Thus, this often affects many websites you try to visit, as the problem is on the client-side"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

the browser in the mac may need upgrading. older mac browser dont always recognise https prooperly

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

Thanks for your replies folks!

It turned out that my Avast webshield was blocking it. Even when I entered TEFL.com it as an exception.

Advertisement