Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asked to move country due to co restructuring

Options
  • 07-02-2023 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello, I am on a permanent contract with my current employer (been with the company for more than 3 years). Due to the company restructuring, I've been offered a role in a sister company, but in a different EU country. This means I would need to relocated my family if I accept the offer, and the company is willing to contribute towards the expenses.

Although I have not asked the question specifically, but if I decide not to accept the role, I assume the co might just terminate my contract by giving me notice. Would there be some form of compensation I am entitled to if I decide not to take the offer? Essentially the co won't be able to offer me a similar role under the new structure, unless I move.

Not looking for legal advice, just general advice that might be worth exploring further.

Comments

Advertisement