Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My HP laptop, running windows 10 keeps uncontrollably scrolling upwards onscreen.

Options
  • 06-02-2023 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

My HP laptop, running windows 10 keeps scrolling uncontrollably upwards without any physical interaction. Anyone any ideas what is going on? The laptop keyboard was damaged and doesn't show in the list of devices. Using a separate keyboard via USB.

Answers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

looks like the up key or something may be stuck on id remove it

if the keyboard was damaged the motherboard itself could be damaged and thats the end of it

i bought a second hand laptops years ago n it buttons repeated when pressing - had to bring it back motherboard issue - spent 20 quid more and got another one instead

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭frisket

This sounds like what I had: the up-arrow key was stuck repeating.

I just got the laptop back from having the keyboard replaced and it's working fine.

Advertisement