Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Poker Machine

Options
  • 05-02-2023 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

New here and was wondering if anybody knows is there anybody near donegal that can fix an old poker machine

Tagged:

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Hey Tony, welcome, do you know what's wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 glentony

Hi Edd

It seems to power up but the screen doesn't come on

Could be a number of things wrong, do other lights come on but not the Monitor?

Yes the lights come on on the power unit and a small circuit board behind the screen there used to be a buzzing sound when first powered up and the screen would light up but since the screen stopped working the buzzing has stopped

You would need to check the voltages of the power supply in the picture and voltage going to the monitor first.

Then quite possibly have to remove the monitor chassis (mainboard) to send to be serviced.

• Advertisement

I checked the voltages all seem good

I must see can I find some one to check the main board

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Is the game playing blind?

as in can you hear it when you coin it up?

not sure if there’s sound in it but I remember some of them had card noises and the buttons light up to hold.

check for neck glow on the monitor when it’s powered on, it’s difficult to tell if a CRT is on sometimes if it’s not getting a signal from the game board.

It accepts the coins and some of the lights are on but doesn't seem to do anything else there's a neck glow on the monitor to I think

Advertisement