Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camden Yards

Options
  • 04-02-2023 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭

Feel the need to feel old? Camden Yards is 30 years old. Wow. I remember the opening ceremonies on ESPN, Cal Ripken broke the consecutive games streak there (I think.)

It's come up in the US media because there's a kerfuffle between the city and the team, whose lease runs out at the end of 2023 and who have not asked for an extension. Typical MLB playing-the-public for $$.

Still, 30 years old. Take me behind the barn and shoot me, too damned old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

And with only a handful of playoff years in that time. Very much one of the great underachieving teams in baseball. (Not, as a Cubs fan, that I can throw much mud!).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Now, now, your team's won the WS in our lifetimes. Lots of other teams' fans would still like to see that. Spoken as someone that lived in Seattle for 10 years, where they've never even been in the WS.

Advertisement