Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook - Can I reply to many emails at once?

Options
  • 03-02-2023 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭

After giving a class, I received many emails from students all asking to be sent the same file.

Can I reply to all of them at once, without have to copy/paste all their emails? Also, I would want to BCC the emails.

I can select all the emails in my Inbox, but the Reply greys out.

So, any workaround?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

this should work

Create contact group("class" group) , add intended recipients into that group (include yourself to see how it looks)

Hit reply, delete original recipient address and original message, amend subject if needed, then add BCC: "class" group

Compile your reply message body wisely - just generic phrases "as requested...., see attached " no names, etc

Send

Post edited by smuggler.ie on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks.

Creating a group and adding the intended recipients was the same work as replying a copying/pasting all into a BCC message. At least I think it was.

For the other classes, I'll simply copy the BCC list and past it all in.

Odd that there isn't a way of doing this more easily.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Do you not have a better way of communicating with students than email? An LMS like Moodle or Blackboard? Why not post the resource for ALL students to use, instead of just the ones who asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Correct, its just about the same, but you can re-use group, instead copy/paste recipients each time.

Note, when you reply to one person and BCC the others - you have "exposed" that one person to all the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks.

I replied to myself and BBC'd the others.

D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement