Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM card

Options
  • 03-02-2023 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Ok, I've a HKC 1070 with a GSM Q card. Currently it has an old o2 (now 3) sim card in it. It works well, and suits my needs. I top up occasionally via Bank of Ireland online to keep it activated.

The kicker is that BOI are going to stop online mobile topup. I never setup an account with 3 for the sim, so I can't topup through their site. I can't pop the sim into a phone as I've no old phone that takes that size sim.

Anyone got any smart suggestions on how to proceed? Should I just upgrade to the wifi/GSM module? Is there ongoing costs with that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JamBur

Disregard my meandering musing above. I got access to Three topups for it. Nothing to see here, move along;)

Advertisement