Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Large Amount of Text from Free Notepad App

Options
  • 03-02-2023 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hello,

just wondering if anyone might be able to offer any help or advice. I have recently lost a large amount of text / notes from a free Notepad App that I had been using on my Android tablet.

The full version is Notepad Pro by Dmitry Korokov.

I was attempting to copy & past a small amount of text - it was a password to a another forum that I use related to cars. I copied the password, went to the website then realised I had previously saved my password details on the website, so returned to the Notepad App and attempted to re-paste the word back on the notepad and then found I have practically lost all text from the notepad. I don't know what has happened.

There is not any kind of "save" or "save as" function" that I can see. There is a settings option with a Backup option. If I press this a notice comes up which states " Backup size is limited to 5 pages in free version of Notepad. Please consider installing Notepad Pro. All your data will be automatically transferred to Notepad Pro after installation".

Am I likely to be able to retrieve any data if I install the paid for version? Would anyone know?

The restore option on the menu just leads me to a list of recent items that I have downloaded.

There remains 14 pages on the Notepad App, on the last page it states " Please support this app by purchasing the Notepad Pro"

Thanks in advance for any help or advice,

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I would suggest you have copy of all your notes elsewhere before you attempt any actions - just in case you loose more

"Copy" operation does not(should not) remove original content - no need to re-paste , "copy" and "cut" are next to each other and you perhaps have highlighted much more than just password

Is there oprtion to "undo" or "redo"

Unlikelly pro version will restore anything unless its available to restore as right now. According you, 5 pages limit is on free version - where is backup dastination?, did you used this facility to backup you notes, this particullar?

Perhaps you can reach out to developer/followers to find if any help would be given

You must have reason to use third party app while tablet have build-in notes. Storing passwords in notepad, as plain text, particularly on third party app - brave, but questionable. Hope its not stored as user/pass pair

Post edited by smuggler.ie on

Advertisement