Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish open

Options
  • 01-02-2023 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

As a newbie shooter im glad to see that two associations in this country have come together to hold a joint competition to suit shooters, in some rumours (i cant say any different as i dont know either side) that i heard, i was lead to beleive that the "rifle crowd" would never allow the "shotgun crowd" to shoot anywhere near them again

Hopefully the committee of the rifle crowd have seen sense and listen to the shooters of the country before they spoil shooting

Two national ngb's working together for the betterment of the shooting community

Well done.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

First I've heard of this.

What is the competition? Website/FB page/other place with details?

Which NGB's are involved?

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

See the MNSCI FB page, NASRPC on main range, TSAI on Creedmoor, 29th june till 2nd july, about as far away from each other as possible, ha ha ha.

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Lol, seems like it, nice.

Interesting that the TSAI and NASRPC FB pages haven't mentioned it.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

Maybe they haven't copped it yet, (awaits the explosion)

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭BSA International

Maybe it's 2 seperate entities just happen to be on at same venue?

• Advertisement

Going by the previous reports of the interactions of both of these entities, it is hard to see any interaction of same, in the same country, never mind the same range. Now, hope I am wrong, but think that each made a booking, not knowing about the other.

NOW, we have a chance to make things right, and for NASRPC and TSAI, to both take a step forward and unite and help all shooters, and show a united front, for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭BSA International

Same old stuff ......... our sport ruined by our own 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭badaj0z

That is a very interesting post from Matt06, especially as he is new to the sport. It shows a good understanding of the importance of cohesiveness at national level. It also echos why it is important for NGB's to work together. Where did he/she/they come across that acronym? This phrase is especially interesting:

"Hopefully the committee of the rifle crowd have seen sense and listen to the shooters of the country before they spoil shooting."

I suggest that Matt06 talks to his contacts about this issue and asks who left who and why?

As regards the "coincidence" of the NASRPC and the TSAI booking the same dates at the MNSCI for the Irish Open, my only comment is somebody is still hanging on to mother's apron. I wonder why?

Post edited by badaj0z on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭clivej

"As regards the "coincidence" of the NASRPC and the TSAI booking the same dates at the MNSCI for the Irish Open, my only comment is somebody is still hanging on to mother's apron. I wonder why?"

I would say its because most of the members that shoot in TSAI are also shooting in the gallery competitions over the same weekend. The TSAI will shoot their comps. as well as the NASRPC shotgun comps.

If you were up to date with the different opinions between the TSAI and NASRPC you would know Mothers Apron is far from being held on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭badaj0z

Thank you for making my point for me Clivej. How many shoots has the TSAI organized in the last 12 months and what was the attendance like? I suspect that the only way they can get people to go is if they tack it onto an NASRPC event. I never understood why they left in the first place. It made no sense at the time and it clearly makes no sense now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement