Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Focus vrs Auris vrs other

Options
  • 01-02-2023 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting a new petrol hatchback (c 2016 budget would be around €12k / €13k). It's a second car so won't be doing huge mileage but need a car this size for carrying stuff for the kids. I'm mainly just looking for a reliable car that won't cause any issues for a few years.

Is there any major issues to be on the lookout with the Focus / Auris? Is there any other cars I should be looking at or avoiding?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Auris hybrid is one of the most reliable cars you can buy. You’d prob scrape a 2014 for €14-15k.

You could also look at the 1.33 petrol, again you won’t really get a 2016 in your budget in an Auris.

Don’t bother with diesel.

Seat Leon or Skoda Octavia would be a good shout too, a bit less ridiculously priced and nicer inside than the Auris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

I was looking for an Auris 6 years ago, some numbnuts put a lexus ct in with them, so I bought one, cheaper and nicer than an Auris at the time, I was delighted with it,

Smallish boot If I remember correctly.

The boot on the CT is tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Thanks. Leon mightn't be a bad shout. Are they reliable? Octavia is probably too big for the wife to drive!!!

I’ve 250k on my Octavia and everything still works, so they’re not bad in my book.

• Advertisement
Advertisement