Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying new/used Cross type Car

Options
  • 01-02-2023 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hello,

In process of buying new or used car and have never really dealt with dealers so looking for advice.

Budget: approx 25k, including trade-in

Looking to trade in a 2013 Seat Ibiza with 70k miles and good service history, NCT until Mar 2024 and generally well looked after by myself - one dealer offered me 3.5k which I thought was exceptionally low?

I'll be doing fairly high mileage - approx 150km per day Mon-Fri so looking for something reliable, and maybe Automatic as it involves the M50.

Looking at possible SUV crossovers to avoid having to upsize car when kids come along soon, otherwise only other consideration for space is have a medium size dog. Full size SUV would be too big for needs at the moment.

Just also in terms of negotiating with dealers re new cars/old, how flexible are they? One quote I was quoted included absolutely everything up to service plan, so I guess that's a tactic to throw everything on and then when the price is reduced the buyer thinks they're getting money off?

Also, may separately be looking for a cheap run-around car at the same time for partner - would this increase negotiating power for new car if bought a 2nd hand from same place?

Thanks for any tips.

Advertisement