Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Canaria

• 31-01-2023 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Visiting Gran Canaria in a few weeks, have been to all the other Canary Islands many times but this is my first time to Gran Canaria. Will be staying in the south of the island. Just looking for recommendations - just looking at Google map - should I opt for Playa des Ingles area or Puerto Rico ? or elsewhere ?? Will be self catering & not into hanging around the pool all day ! Prefer to rent a bike ..too lazy to walk !

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Most of the Irish head to Puerto Rico for sun, sand and Irish pubs, typical sun/seaside resort area.. Same with Playa Del Finglas though usually more Germans/Dutch there...

Both areas are easy enough to walk around so no need for a bike. though there's plenty of places to hire a bicycle and cycle along the coastal roads, gets fairly steep fairly fast away from the coastal roads...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,986 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

This Christmas I stayed at the Gloria Palace Amadores, which has a lovely location overlooking the sea, approximately equidistant from the lovely Playa Amadores beach (best of all Gran Canaria beaches) and the resort of Puerto Rico, about 15 minutes walk either way along the paseo. Took a boat trip to Mogan, which is very nice. Best of all, and most terrifying 😱 of the things I did was my first ever parachute jump, over Maspalomas dunes!

Every bully post gets reported. If personal bullying is the best way you can feel good about yourself, then your self-loathing is your own loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭beachhead

If you plan to stay in one place then Puerto Rico and Playa Amadores is perfect.I like to visit the capital city so Playa del Ingles is ideal for that.

Advertisement