Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurbished Apple 12 battery issue

Options
  • 31-01-2023 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭

I bought a like new apple 12 from refurbed.ie which is displaying the 'Unable to verify this iphone has a genuine Apple battery. Health information not available for this battery". It seemed to work OK for the first couple of days but then the battery soc started to drop very quickly and it no longer charges. I've tried different chargers, including a wireless charger, but no luck. I've reported this to refurbed.ie and am awaiting a response.

I will most likely be returning the phone but would like advice on whether I should expect a replacement 'like new' refurbished iphone 12 to have a genuine apple battery so the health status of battery can be checked? I don't particularly mind a cheaper/older phone having a non-apple certified battery but maybe I'm nieve to think that a €600 iphone 12 would be guaranteed to come with a certified battery? Any view on whether I should just seek a refund and pay Apple the going price for their certified refurbished phones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭gmacww

Not necessarily. Like new is the condition of the phone in it's physical form. Refurbed is a portal site in so far as the products do not come from them but directly from sellers all over Europe. Those sellers likely have replaced the battery with a brand new one. You need to get it changed by apple or an apple certified service center to get the legit battery which does not give you that warning.

My XS has that warning after I go the batter replaced locally. Works perfectly since and great battery life.

I've bought products from refurbed before and have only had one issue that required a replacement. The return and refund processes was very quick and easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭creedp

Thanks. I would have been OK with the battery issue if the phone actually functioned OK but it was faulty from day one so Im leaning towards a refund and then consider if Ill order from a different source this time around. I was disappointed anyway as it was ordered at beginning of Dec for Christmas for my teenager but didnt arrive until early Jan so that disappointment was compounded by belatedly receiving a faulty phone. In addition the same phone is now far cheaper on the site. Not a great experience all in all!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭gmacww

If it was faulty from the start then yes I'd insist on refund or replacement of equal or better. Likely they'll just refund.

The prices can be quite up and down as it's the sellers who set the price not refurbed. Refurbed just claim a percentage. I've had it go the other way on me. A product I had to send back the seller had no replacement for so issued a refund. Looking to order a replacement from elsewhere and got the newer model for the same price in the same condition. Can go either way like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

If it arrived early Jan, you are still within the 30 day trial. Send it back, get refund, buy at cheaper price

Advertisement