Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad rust on my campervan!!!

Options
  • 30-01-2023 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I just got my camper (Nissan Interstar 2002 conversion) back from it's annual service and it turns out that it has very bad rust on the PSR sill and Jacking point. I bought it last year and while I was aware of some rust - normal for it's age I thought - it really didn't look that bad. Is there anywhere in Dublin that people would recommend for this kind of work? Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Itineoman

Anywhere that does bodywork should be able to fix it. It isn’t any different to a normal van I’d think. Any good indie garage should be able to point you in the right direction. Sorry about the double post - removing one deletes them both!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Shoog

The main issue you are likely to face is that you may be expected to strip out much of your fittings to avoid the risk of fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

https://www.reactivewelding.com/ Have used them many times and always impressed with the work. They've plenty of expereince with campers so as mentioned above, they'll be well versed on the fire hazards.

Advertisement