Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know Your Elves 2023 - #1 TRS30

Options
  • 30-01-2023 12:09pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭

And we are off for the 2023 season.

It's finally the last Monday in Janaury after 14 of them. The mornings and evenings are getting brighter. A 3 days weekend is on the horizon... Christmas is alas a distant memory and even more distant glimmer of hope, so to bring us some festive joy, TRS30 will choice from the list below so we can festively get to know him better.

1. What's your favourite childhood Christmas memory?
    2. Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?
    3. What's the best part of Christmas Day?
    4. Do you have any Christmas traditions?
    5. What was the best Christmas present you ever received?
    6. If you could change one thing about Christmas what would it be?
    7. Brussel sprouts, yay or nah?
    8. What's your favourite Christmas song and why?
    9. Best Christmas character from a movie. book or TV show?
    10. Favourite Christmas TV advert of all time, and why?
    11. White or multi coloured lights?
    12. Real or fake Christmas tree?
    13. Favourite Christmas food?
    14. Do you do anything special for your pets at Christmas?
    15. Do you have a Christmas guilty pleasure?
    16. Ever had a Christmas cooking epic fail?
    17. What is your favourite Christmassy beverage?
    18. When do you put up your Christmas tree?
    19. Star or angel?
    20. Do you have a favourite Christmas film?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

@TRS30 you're up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Stage fright 😂

Will get cracking on this later today.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

1. What's your favourite childhood Christmas memory?-

Not sure if colleague counts as childhood however had my first decent paying job so was able to buy presents for everyone in my family for the first time. I felt so proud and it started one of life's lessons- giving it better then receiving.

1. Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?

Absolutely, 100%, will fight anyone who says different!

1. What's the best part of Christmas Day?

In the last few years, it has been the evening time. We have all got in our Christmas pj's, kids are doing Lego with Granny & Granddad, just milling around, having some crackers and cheese, glass of something nice and just feeling very content and happy.

1. Do you have any Christmas traditions?

The youngest child puts the star on top of the main tree (once they are old enough to be able to do it). The youngest will be nearly 5 by next Christmas so don't know how many more years I'll be able to lift them up!!

1. If you could change one thing about Christmas what would it be?

I would love to go back to when Christmas wasn't so commercial. Make it more about just spending time with family and friends and enjoying the wonder of Christmas. It's such a magical time and I seem to miss it as I'm so busy rushing around trying to get so much done, go so many places and never having enough time to properly enjoy it.

1. Brussel sprouts, yay or nah?

Love a good sprout, fresh of course.

1. What's your favourite Christmas song and why?-

Ding Crosby- White Christmas. Every year when I was a kid, we would come home from church, my Mum in the kitchen doing Christmas lunch and my Dad putting his Ding Crosby Christmas album on the record player. My sibling and I eyeing up the presents and trying to read the tags.

1. Favourite Christmas TV advert of all time, and why?

Guinness ad- it's an iconic ad for a reason, it captures everything that is special about Christmas and seeing it live each year is one of my Christmas milestones as such.

1. Real or fake Christmas tree?

I love a real Christmas tree. From picking it out to getting it in the stand so is straight. Arguing over which is the best 'side', to worrying will it last to the 6th. I love it all.

1. Favourite Christmas food?

Anything fruit based so mince pies, Christmas pud, cake etc. If I had to choose one, would be Christmas pud with ice cream.

1. Do you have a Christmas guilty pleasure?

Just between us..............I usually get an extra pack of chocolate biscuits and hide them away. One time over Christmas (usually when everyone has gone to bed) I will get the pack out and eat them all in one go!

1. What is your favourite Christmassy beverage?

Baileys with ice. Wouldn't really drink it any other time of the year however sitting with one in hand and chatting with family/friends with the tree lights twinkling in the background is heaven.

1. When do you put up your Christmas tree?

The fake ones (playroom, landing & kids rooms) go up on the night of the LLTS and real one in the main room around the 9th/10th. All stay up till the 6th.

1. Star or angel?

Star on the main tree and then we let the kids decide what they want on the others. We have a built up a bit of a collection over the years.

1. Do you have a favourite Christmas film?

Christmas Vacation. Even since I saw it for the first time I have loved it. All us Christmas nuts have a little Clarke in us.

Sorry might have gone a bit OTT, think I answered 15!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

@TRS30 the biscuits...you're a man after my own heart! 😍😂

The more the merrier, but fantastic work, Some great answers there!

Also I'm craving Baileys and Biscuits right now.

Cheers, was a nice way to kill an hour on Monday afternoon waiting for a report to run.

Me too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Great answers, some i could have written myself.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Cheers buddy. Think we’ll see a few similar answers across us all as I know we have familiar ideas about certain Christmas things.

Advertisement