Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Payscale Issue, appreciate any help

• 30-01-2023 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all , hoping I can get some help with my current situation.

I am in my fourth year teaching and my fourth school having worked 3 maternity contracts prior to this year.

Foolishly I was not aware I was supposed to forward my statements of service for each year to my new ETB's to ensure I climb the payscale,

As a result I am still on point 1 of the scale, I am now trying to fix this.

In my 1st year I covered a maternity contract amassing 533.53 hours

In my 2nd year I worked 623.35 hours

In my 3rd year I worked 686.12 hours.

I am now in my fourth year

Can anyway help me figure out what point I should have been on each year?

Dealing with 3 different organisation's hr and payroll by email is proving very difficult.

With one in particular claiming I was not due to rise up the payscale during my time with them , when I believe I should have

Thank you for reading

I appreciate any help

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

Not sure what ETB situation is personally, but from colleagues experiences (who had worked ETB and Voluntary schools) they just went to the old schools and got the principals/secretarys to sign the increment form and school stamp on it. They'll barely even read the form. (One of the many painful reasons why you should always end on good terms with schools!). For a finish the Dept. Of Ed. said they didn't need the signatures but accepted it (it said on the form to get principals signature too, but I guess the department don't realise that teachers might have worked in different schools).

BTW I think 600+ hours is the magic number for a full point on the scale.

So you might want to double check with the first school in case you did some subbing for colleagues etc. that wasn't included.

Honestly I wouldn't go near ETB administration going by accounts on here , I'd rock up to the school and get them to sign the form. especially if some idiots in payroll are making your life difficult.

Definitely contact your Union for advice.

Advertisement