Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC Cooking Practical using alcohol?

Options
  • 29-01-2023 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

My daughter is cooking risotto for her junior cert practical. She’s been practicing at home with her Dad. She has her pres tomorrow and when she was packing up the ingredients, she asked for a small bottle to put the wine in and it got me thinking are they even allowed cook with wine? She doesn’t know if her teacher realises that there is wine in the recipe.

Does anyone know if this could be an issue?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I would be inclined to leave it out. Could the wine be substituted with something like veg stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sillysam

She’s using stock aswell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I can't see why not. The alcohol would be cooked off, but the teacher should be able to make a quick call to Athlone and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

If you can find it then would wine stock be an option?

Alternatively you could reduce the wine to stock the night before so it's non alcoholic?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sillysam

She brought it in and it seemed to be fine, teacher didn’t have an issue with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement