Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning in town greenbelt for second property

Options
  • 29-01-2023 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi all,

I own a house within a town greenbelt. Near my house, a site has come up for sale (also within the greenbelt). On this site, there is an old disused cottage. I would like to consider buying the site and doing up and extending the cottage (and maybe live there). I have been told conflicting advice however on this. Some people I know are telling me that since I already own a house on the greenbelt, I would not get planning on that site because I don't have a 'housing need' and the planing is very strict in greenbelts. Others I know are telling me that since there is a house on the site already, I would have no problem getting planning to do it up and I don't have to prov this 'housing need'. Just curious what the consensus would be here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I think you need to check your local Council's development plan. The requirements can vary from county to county. The development plan would be available online.

Advertisement