Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HG556a access point problem

Options
  • 27-01-2023 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have set up an old Vodafone HG556a Huawei router as an access point.

All working well until this evening when I decided to log in to this router.

Now I can’t log out. For the life of me I can’t find any way to do it.

I rebooted it but still no joy.

Help. I don’t want to have to reset it if I can avoid it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

What you mean "cant log out", just close your browser, session will time out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭hesker

was logged in using safari on iphone

Closing tabs and browser did not result in log off, even with phone left overnight.

Rebooting the phone or the "Clear history and website data" for Safari option in settings does achieve log off.

Many routers offer a menu option to log off. The vodafone software on this one doesn't.

I was looking for a way to reboot this router remotely as it occasionally (once every few months) drops off the network. Still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭hesker

OK. For anyone trying to achieve the same remote reboot....

Software option to reboot works on a pc

Doesn't work on iphone using either safari or firefox. Button just does nothing.

Advertisement