Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomendation for back up data sim (not on three network)

• 26-01-2023 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

I use a three hero plan for my internet. My wife and I are on 48 (also on three network). THe other evening there was a problem with the three service and our internet was only H+. My wife works from home a few days a week and was anxious that if mast issue wasn't fixed she'd have to go into the office, over an hour commute each way.

Does anybody know of a sim plan that we could top up annually or every 6 months and stick it into a router (or tether from phone) for emergencies? IT would need to be on Vodafone or Eir.

Previously I ordered a data sim from Vodafone UK as a back up. I might have a look at that again but maybe something simpler. I had to buy £40 of credit I think! There was free roaming on it, but had to be in the UK to register on network initially so that was also awkward.

Just checking in case somebody does something similar, save me a bit of research and reading through T&C's to see how often i need to top up/ make a call to keep a sim active!

Comments

Advertisement