Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benone st108 oil burner issue

Options
  • 25-01-2023 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hoping someone can help. We have a benone st108, it ran out of oil, got it filled but red reset light did not light so I had to press the reset button in the dual thermostat. Heating works and the timed morning heat comes on but the evening heat does not and I have to do the reset button again. Does it need bled?

can anyone help?

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Most likely a circulation pump problem.....but could be lack of water in the boiler.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Triggering of the high limit stat is unlikely to be related to the thing having run out of oil.

Could be a shortage of water in the system or a circulation issue. Is the circulation pump running when the boiler is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭student89

No idea, how do you check that or do you need a plumber? The same happened at Xmas and it worked for a few weeks but last week with the cold weather it started playing up. Landlord had a plumber out, he just said don’t let it run out of oil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Might be one to report to the landlord. I wouldn’t mention anything about it running out of oil, I don’t think it relevant.

The circulation pump would be located on the pipe work to the boiler - usually close by to the boiler itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭student89

Thanks, I’ll leave it for the landlord to sort. Will reply back once confirmed what the issue is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement