Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back garden patio question

Options
  • 25-01-2023 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about putting down a patio early next year.

Currently there is concrete outside the back of the house(about 2 foot border around side and back of house)and the rest of the garden is grass. Now, I am unsure if I should cover the concrete with the new patio, or just patio onto the grass. I'm wondering if I need to dig up the concrete section before going ahead with the patio or could I just lay the slabs on top of it? Obviously in the grass area we would need to put down a base.

Also, under the concrete there pipes for the boiler are probably running below it, so i need to be wary of digging the concrete?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 airsoftlover99

If they're running around the house, depending on their condition, you probably wouldn't need to remove whats there. Photos would make it much easier to give good advice, as we'd be able to see the state of any existing paths, steps, and what the levels are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Thank you, will add some photos when i am out the back garden, for reference.

Advertisement