Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage heater and timer switch on curcuit board

Options
  • 25-01-2023 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

New ELNUR storage heater installed in the apartment last year is throwing the following error message: ERR4 - off peak timing or power supply issue. Charging time is set on the heater between 00:00-07:00. There is new fuse in the circuit board and 2 new 45A switches on the wall.

Probably, a problem is with a timer switch (on the fuse board) that goes off and on during the day and night. I believe it should go on during night time and stay off during daytime, right ?

Is this something what can be replaced or it would be a better idea to remove it completely ?

What are the other options here, new electronic timer ?

Any advice is highly welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

I would assume the newer combi heaters work off a direct off- peak supply with no controls like a devireg

The old model combis, the devireg adjusted for changes in outside temperature and you switched on boost if you needed additional heat

The newer models with smart thermostatic control i assume you just set indoor temperature for different times and the heater does the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

Yes, correct, all can be set in the programming device that is equipped ELNUR storage heater. Charging time is one of the settings.

Devireg 710-2 is no loger needed and it should be removed with no issues.

Thanks

Advertisement