Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant find a dentist in my area

Options
  • 24-01-2023 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone, so recently just got my medical card which i was super excited about because now I can get all the dental work ive been desperately needing for years, however, cannot find a dentist in Wexford (where i live), or any that does accept medical card, have full patient lists. I already contacted HSE to get a list of participating practices.

What should i do? Is it best to try other dentists in other counties?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gdpman

The bad news is you will probably face the same situation in every county in Ireland, the number of practices accepting medical card patients is limited.

Another downside of the scheme is that if you can find a practice to take you on, you will be restricted to just 2 fillings per year, but can have unlimited extractions.

The HSE clinics are supposed to provide emergency cover for adult patients that are unable to access the scheme but this is also very patchy on a regional basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭DarraghR

I am in the exact same boat. I recently move to Co. Dublin but have a dentist in Dublin City Center. I would like to switch for convince but it is proving very hard to find any supporting medical cards.

Everyone keeps telling me to go on the HSE website. Thing is I can no longer find the list that was there before. Looks bleak

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

You can contact your local HSE dental Dept, they are easy to look up on google, and ask them for a list of participating dental clinics in your area. But there will be a small number, and they may not be accepting new med card patients.

Advertisement