Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Training Certification Kilkenny

• 24-01-2023 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ Conversations 3

Hi,

Anywhere in or close to Kilkenny that I can do the training certificate course to apply for my first license?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭ clivej

Closest is Harbour House in Athy

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ richiedel123

The nargc do an online one every second Tuesday I'm nearly sure. Check the events section on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ JP22

I agree with Clive.

Personally and nothing against Nargc but I would be very wary of any online training courses for most anything and especially firearms training.

As an ex-military small arms instructor/coach and ex OSH trainer I wouldn’t dream of certifying someone online, (that’s a first class ticket to hell….), end of day nothing beats a hands on/eyes on course under supervision of competent trained personnel.

Just my tuppence worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ richiedel123

Point taken but the reason I said the online course is that I have heard of lads going into other people for the course and leaving 5 minutes later with their cert

• Registered Users Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭ clivej

Well not at Harbour House, you'll get a good introduction and shown everything you'd need for your cert and a great shakedown of all you'd want to know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement