Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory Gallagher Festival, Ballyshannon Co Donegal 1st - 4th June

Options
  • 23-01-2023 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭

I see they managed to get the Michael Schenker Group for one the headlines, I saw him back in the early 80s in Glasgow, he's an amazing guitarist, especially his UFO and Scorpion periods.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I've been going to this for the last few installments. Can't recommend it enough.

Saw Eric Gales in the big top last year and he was unreal.

tbh you don't really need to get tickets to the big top as there's free gigs all day and night, either on the street at various locations, or in pubs.

I haven't camped at this, as I fancy a bit of comfort after a good drive up.

We usually stay in Bundoran and get the shuttle bus out to Ballyshannon.

It actually works out cheap enough as you can just get a carry out from the off license and booze on the street watching the bands.

It's really laid back and there's no agro which is great.

Booked up again for this year and can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I thought that @PTH2009 and @Beasty would've been interested in this, as they like their metal, Michael Schenker Group, how often does he come to Ireland. I presume UFO and the Scorpions back in the 70s and 80s played Dublin.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

I went to see Michael schenkers temple of rock in vicar at about 10 years ago. Was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Accommodation seems scarce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Phone the hotels directly. They have rooms kept by. It's what we do each year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

I had to check that date, April 2013. I would have said maybe 5 years ago :D Where's the time gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Advertisement