Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2014 Nissan qashqai DCI Chassis Control System Fault

Options
  • 22-01-2023 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Looking for some help hopefully,my dads Qashqai starting showing the above error on the cars mini screen and also says Stop/Start function error and that won't work either.

The TCS light is on too,read a bit online that the voltage of the battery can cause this as it checks the voltage to engage the stop/start system for use when driving for obvious reasons.

He is a little worried with so much lights on the dash and is in a rush to replace the battery but i asked him to wait and get it hooked up to a diagnostic machine first,i plugged in an OBD II scanner today but could not make progress on it.

The car starts and drives fine,tia 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Have a quick look at all the ABS sensors if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Will check them out Gav thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

E/obd scan will tell you nothing. They only gives engine & emissions info.

For bcm issues you'll need more advanced diagnostics.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Hi Girl Geraldine i thought id try one anyway,brought it to a garage who has worked on the car before and ran diagnostics but was unable to read anything and requested the car be left in next week so tried Nissan in Clonee there is a month backlog there,bit the bullet and swapped in a new battery for the sake of it as old one was close to 4 yrs old anyway and nothing changed on the dash,all the same warnings.

Have a friend who works on cars a bit and got a reading for the back right ABS sensor so bought one and waiting to install that and get the warning reset he can also do the stop/start reset then too so hopefully have it sorted by the weekend thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

Need to be wary when you get a fault code for some sensor. The fault may relate to the sensor, but it might not be the sensor itself - it could be literally anything on the sensor's circuit, or even a mechanical fault on the part that it is supposed to measure. Or it could be an internal fault in the BCM.

Fault codes only give a very vague hint at what the actual problem is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement