Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight baby sitter for 11 + 12 year old

Options
  • 22-01-2023 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

our two kids are 11 and 12 and usually (occasionally) we get our 15 year old next door neighbor to babysit. We have a wedding in May and need someone to mind the kids in our house from when they get home from school untill the next day. I think asking a 15 year old to stay over night is to much even if she does live next door.

are they any recomendations anyone could recommend. Is the service easily available and what would the cost be (ballpark) for such a service?

we’re in dunboyne area

thanks

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 13,789 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I'd be more inclined to call in a favour from a family member or family friend. If you had family anywhere that's a bus journey away I'd pack them off (giving them the day off school!) If family isn't an option I'd be seeing if there's anyone they can have a sleepover with that night, and you return the favour another time. Throw in a bottle of wine for the parents and maybe order pizza or something.

Advertisement