If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

Transfer of site from parents

  • 21-01-2023 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

    Hi all,

    My parents are in the process of transferring a site to me with their solicitor, getting a valuation, site maps, tax advice etc.

    Should I be engaging my own solicitor to accept the transfer? Is there anything else I need to get sorted (high level)? I have outline and speaking to an architect about getting FPP soon.


  • Registered Users Posts: 45,794 ✭✭✭✭muffler

    You will need your own solicitor. The law society doesn't allow its members to act for both parties. As you have OPP I can't see you needing anything else but your solicitor will advise you accordingly.

  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭blackbox

    Much as it pains me to give them any business, yes you ought to get your own solictor.