Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony phone stuck in boot mode

• 19-01-2023 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭

i have an old Sony Experia phone about 3 years old.

i turn on phone ,i put in pin code, it shows experia logo,after about 1 minute it shows screen android is starting ,with moving white to black logo animation

this goes on and on, eg it does not load the os menu.

i tried safe mode ,it makes no difference. i removed sim card ,sdcard . it makes no difference.

i tried volume up,power , i cant get it to go into recovery mode to do a full phone reset.

should i bring it to a phone repair shop.

any advice re good shop to go to.near city centre,dublin area

if i can get acess to recovery mode ,ill do a full phone reset,erase all data .

Post edited by riclad on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I go to to menu pull down drawer top of the phone I can play videos , browse the web, play music , so what I'll do is copy files to sdcard then do a full reset it's like the screen is behind the android starting animation

eg it's like a gif android starting is hiding the main os app menu

The full os is running I can use music or MP4 player in full screen mode as normal

by using the settings drop down menu

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭askU

Did you try a firmware upgrade using a usb cable and the oxygen firmware located here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/phone-stuck-in-boot-loop-solved-los-installation-keeps-failing-unresolved.4357723/

i went to settings ,menu, battery, switch to battery ultra saving mode .this fixed the problem, its now working normally, if theres any problems in the future i can do a full phone reset . i could have also used experia companion software to fix the issue , no gifs or android starting screen,

just the normal android os.

eg phone is working fine, eg no android starting gif, full acess to all apps and menus

Advertisement