Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seemingly being cherry-picked and discriminated upon by a BOARDS.IE mod, faslehoods, etc.

Options
  • 18-01-2023 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi there,

I would appreciate it if I could speak to another mod or another BOARDS.ie staff member about some issues I am having.

I am obviously getting cherry-picked along with some of my posts by a moderator known as "Beasty".

The moderator also is severely lacking when it comes to pointing out how my posts are warning-worthy.

The moderator, in our private messages to each other, is also involving their own personal views and opinions about a topic when that is completely irrelevant to discussing warnings, rules, protocols, etc.

The moderator is also seemingly stating falsehoods about the apparent topic of a thread.

I also checked the original post of the thread and even the OP makes no mention of what the moderator keeps insisting the topic of the thread is and must be.

The moderator is also insisting that posts regarding history are not allowed. Even if the history is about the very topic of the thread. So you must post only about a particular situation but you are not allowed to post about directly-related events and situations which took part in causing that very situation? If you do you get warned?

The moderator is clearly cherry-picking me and my posts and trying to unjustly discriminate against me sending me warnings claiming my posts aren't part of the topic (my posts couldn't be any more part of the topic. ie. the thread's topic and OP), and also giving me a warning for talking about history, history that is incredibly and absolutely directly-related to the topic.

I have asked the moderator extremely politely in many previous messages to point out how my post/s are supposedly against the thread's topic, how his "version" of the thread's topic is not what the thread's title itself nor the thread's OP states, how the "history" I posted about is absolutely directly related to the topic, etc. The moderator does not want to help clarify things for me and is responding to my requests of help, information, clarity, and understanding simply with "dead-end" responses like that they issued my an instruction, and to follow it (that's it, no explanation, nothing).

The moderator also called me a label name - again, taking his/her personal feelings about a topic into our discussion regarding my warning. Personal feelings and personal labels and attacks against me should have no room in a professional discussion about rules and warnings.

I'm clearly being targeted because my stance regarding some posts are not the popular one. Meanwhile the same thread is somehow full of an ever-continuing amount of hate-speech, outright racism, false-hoods, discrimination, and personal attacks and insults on other users (I have tried to report some).

This is incredibly unjust and it's also discrimination and cherry-picking. Not to mention other users who have the "popular opinion" who seem to be able to engage in racism, personal attacks, hate-speech, etc. with no seeming wanings/repercussions.

There should be no room for such standards, biases, silencing/censoring, personal attacks, and cherry-picking of users on a website like BOARDS.ie - especially just because a user may not share the "popular opinion".

I would greatly appreciate speaking to a moderator and/or another staff member of BOARDS.ie.

Regards

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You were trolling the thread by bringing accusations against a prior Ukrainian regime. You were warned to stop. You decided to continue with your trolling and were threadbanned as a result

You claims of "hate speech" were, in most cases, comments aimed towards Russian soldiers who have committed war crimes and behaved in a despicable manner in the name of this illegal invasion and occupation of Ukrainian territory

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

If its the thread I think it is then it is a despicable cesspit of a thread in which I have been personally attacked too but I couldn't be bothered, how do you talk to an angry frothing at the mouth mob?

In any case none of these things are for you to decide Beasty especially since they cannot be proven especially since we take one side's word for gospel without verification.

Rules are rules and decisions on what is hate speech and insult and what is not based on what you happen to agree with personally is not on. A mod is supposed to be a referee upholding the rules but tbh it's not the first time I've seen you at that. Didnt even know you modded that thread also but how come I am not surprised...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It is the OP that is deciding something is "hate speech". As a mod I have to look at the report and decide if any action is required. I cannot recuse myself from looking at that report and dealing with it as I see fit. That's pretty much what is expected of moderators when faced with such claims

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Kurooi

It is precisely the job of a mod to decide what is hate speech and what is not.

New account defending a terrorism sponsor state (official European Parliment declaration, not my opinion) , I'm seeing these acounts and posts pop up all over the internet these days, places you don't expect. Don't indulge them.

This cesspit thread is a collection of the most open and vile hate speech I have ever seen. Anyone saying anything remotely moderate or god forbid contrary gets screamed at and personally attacked. You don't need reports. Spend two minutes there and you know what it's at. It is completely obvious what's going on there and if you act like you don't know you must be thinking I'm completely stupid.

And for the record I am not stalking you and generally speaking I couldn't care less about Helpdesk issues just accidentally saw this on the front page.

• Advertisement

It is precisely the job of a mod to decide what is hate speech or not based on a set of deterministic and clear rules that everyone has to follow. It is not the job of a mod to decide what is agreeable based on political opinion.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

@Mar53 PM sent.

Advertisement