Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Locations Buildings, Structures, featured in Gaming - Action & Simulation

• 18-01-2023 12:16pm

The first type of game is of course Flight SimulationI saw the cranes Samson and Goliath in Belfast featured in Flight Simulator 2000, as part of an add on. Scandalously, these fine structures have not be coded for X Plane 12.

Then there is the Spire in Dublin City Centre. That features in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

There are distinct buildings and features coded in an Irish Add on for Train Simulator Classic. I don't know what they are since I have'nt installed them - yet.

What other action and simulation games do you know of with Irish infrastructure in them?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mac Devitt's pub - Broken Sword

The massive skyscraper in Belfast - Counterstrike Condition Zero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭quokula

Assassin's Creed Valhalla had an add on set in Ireland.

My partner grew up near Tara and walked in as I was playing and asked "Wait, is that the Hill of Tara???" with surprise, as she'd no idea what I was playing.

I still have no idea how she recognised it tbh as it's as it was historically not as it is now.

A phonebox in Folklore on PS3. I really enjoyed the game at the time, though it's very much a fictional fantasy depiction of an Irish village.

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

Hearts of Iron IV features Irish ehhh...topography!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭recyclops

There was that random Irish level in Tomb raider chronicles. It was fairly woeful but exciting as well to a teenage recyclops.

50 shades of bland

Also the absolute classics of GAA games

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I've never even heard of this game but after looking it up I'd love to play it. Is there any way to play this on a PS5? I do still have my PS3 but would be easier to use the PS5.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,707 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Unfortunately, like many PS3 games, you would need original hardware or emulation. The only hope for PS5 currently would be Sony making it available for their PSN streaming service, but given it was a bit of a commercial flop it's probably low down the list. Given Sony's terribly inconsistent approach to backwards compatibility, it joins a whole host of other PS3 games that are just stuck on original hardware.

Apparently it's possible to emulate it though it's not something I've ever tried.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It's €50 to buy on CEX and similar on eBay. Must be a rare game these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's not that great. I heard a lot of good things about it despite the average reviews and gave it a go a few months ago and it's a very average hack and slash game with an interesting setting, pretty typical of a games republic game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement