Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook hacked

Options
  • 18-01-2023 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can help before I go mad.

Someone hacked into my email, Facebook, Instagram and amazon accounts. Received an email 2 weeks ago that password was changed on Facebook.

Facebook removed account. Managed to get Instagram back. Submitted ID to Facebook to verify myself. Problem is, the hacker set up 2 stage verification under a mobile number, so cannot get code.

Facebook emailed me that they have removed the mobile number as it is registered to other accounts. It was a +84 number which is in Vietnam.

They have sent me a link to log back in but it doesn't work. Normally I would give up but my business account is registered to this so I desperately need to get back in. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

If you are dealing with Facebook, then I'd suggest keep going with them. Report that the link doesn't work.

I lost access to an old, but important IG account some years ago, as the phone I used with an authenticator app had to be wiped and I never kept the emergency recovery codes. It took some time, back and forth with IG support, but I eventually got back into it.

When you get back in, I'd suggest making somebody that you trust a second admin on the business page.

Contact Facebook. You’ve been dealing with them throughout and they’re the only ones who can help here.

As suggested above add someone you can trust as a backup admin— but also I suggest making an alt account you can access too just in case.

Also setup 2FA and of course and keep your backup codes somewhere safe.

Advertisement