Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Income, tax and JSA

Options
  • 16-01-2023 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭

I entered the JSA payment I got last year for a month at the beginning of the year to get the final tally for the year and to see if I was due any tax back

It was just over a 1000 euro for the JSA and I've got the P21 now and its looking for tax on the JSB (was sure I entered it as JSA) - is this right? Should I have not entered anything at all for the JSA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭nhg

Jobseekers Benefit is taxable, Jobseekers Allowance is not taxable so you need to amend your return & remove the Jobseekers Benefit.

Jobseekers Benefit is automatically added to your revenue record by the Department of Social Protection and your rate band & tax credits are reduced to collect the income tax due on this taxable benefit.

No harm to submit a statement from the Department of Social Protection confirming that it was Jobseeker Allowance that you were in receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thanks - tried amending it now but the site is bugging out

Advertisement